Craving for Banoffee pie? Just add a few more pesos to your budget, you can now make your favorite dessert at home! Head to your kitchen and make not just a slice but a whole pie for you and your family to enjoy! Nomnomnom!😋
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 can condensed milk
Ripe bananas (lakatan)
Chocolate bar shavings for topping
1. Base: Melt butter in a pan or microwave oven. Set aside. In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter, mix using a spoon. Press crumb mixture on a pie plate or any deep dish. Bake for 10 mins at 350F. 🕙
2. Toffee caramel: Melt the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved. Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel. Set aside.
3. To Assemble: Slice the bananas, arrange on top of base.
Spread the caramel over the bananas, cool and then chill for about 1 hour, until firm or until ready to serve.
Spoon whipped cream on top. Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate.
1. Make sure you boil the condensed milk for at least 1 minute to make a perfect caramel.
2. For perfect whipped cream every time: Make sure the cream is very cold. If you have time, chill the whisk (or beaters) and bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes. This will help the cream whip quickly and will increase its volume.
Holidays and other special occasions are the perfect time to make fool-proof desserts. This recipe is simple but the taste is festive and delicious. When are you planning to make yours? Leave a comment below, I would love to know. 💋